Monday, December 12, 2005

Favorite Fictional Families

Melissa Wiley has a nice post on favorite fictional families (I'm definitely going to have to check out the titles I haven't read). Her post actually inspired me to update the reviews of some of my favorite family stories.

I'm going to have to fully agree with her on Little Women, the Chronicles of Narnia and the Railway Children and add:

The O'Sullivans from The Cottage at Bantry Bay series
The Mitchells from The Mitchell's series
The Verhagens from The Winged Watchman
(all by Hilda Van Stockum)
and The Inglefords from Enemy Brothers by Constance Savery

It's funny that all of my additions are published by Bethlehem Books. It's just that this publisher has introduced us to some of our very favorite stories. - particularly in the "family stories" genre.

Who are your favorite fictional families?

No comments: