Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Caddie Woodlawn!

Here are a few links in honor of her birthday (which she shares with Abe Lincoln):

Print your own Caddie Woodlawn paper dolls

Explore Flickr photos of Caddie Woodlawn's house (most of these are from my family's trip to visit her house last summer)

More on Caddie Woodlawn from Wisconsinhistory.org

Caddie Woodlawn Historic Park

Love2learn Book Reviews of Caddie Woodlawn and Caddie Woodlawn's Family (a.k.a. Magical Melons) by Carol Ryrie Brink

2 comments:

love2learnmom said...

They had fixed up the exterior quite a bit since our last visit, though the inside is quite simple and pretty much empty still.

Yes, we did see the Little House replica too (and threw stones in Lake Pepin). :)

spacey jc said...

I know this is quite a while after your post and I dont know if you will see this, but my family used to own the Woodlawn house...3 or 4 different times. Both my mothers parents grew up in that area as did their parents and grandparents and so on and so on. We come from the Flick family(on my mother's father's side) just 4 generations ago from me, and that is where you will find our family owned the home. Also, on my mother's mother's side, you find Caroline Culbertson, who was the real teacher in the book of Caddie Woodlawn. If you have any questions, I would be happy to share all I know of the history. Feel free to email me. jenncochran@gmail.com