Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The End

Well, things have been busy as usual, and I have sadly neglected the task of finishing up our blog post series. I missed most of the Yankee Stadium Mass, but I saw the entrance song which was incredible. I also missed all of the Pope's departure, but luckily, there are videos, of all the events that were covered, here. Read his final public words in the USA below:
My visit this morning to Ground Zero will remain firmly etched in my memory, as I continue to pray for those who died and for all who suffer in consequence of the tragedy that occurred there in 2001. For all the people of America, and indeed throughout the world, I pray that the future will bring increased fraternity and solidarity, a growth in mutual respect, and a renewed trust and confidence in God, our heavenly Father. With these words, I take my leave, I ask you to remember me in your prayers, and at the same time I assure you of my friendship and affection in the Lord. God bless America.
This visit was amazing. My brother and I loved being able to watch so much, and to be able to catch up on the internet here, with transcripts of his speeches, photos and complete videos of the events. We loved watching numerous singings of happy birthday, cheering along with the thunderous applause everwhere, hearing the stories of non Catholics who were deeply moved by the coverage of his visit and hearing the words of our beloved Pope Benedict XVI. Viva il Papa!

Ria

No comments: