Thursday, March 05, 2009

Ana's Picture Book of the Week


Plant Secrets by Emily Goodman, 2009, Charlesbridge, 40 pages. 

I confess I have a stack of books here waiting... some about libraries under different themes. Alas, the warmth today brings our minds to travel towards a green world, full of sunshine and growth. 

That, coupled with my 4th grader exclaiming, "Mom, you should blog about this nice book!" has me posting this gem found at the library under new books just yesterday! She is an avid picture book reader and her enthusiasm for this colorful, plant-ful book alone is a thumbs up for me! 

Plants come in all shapes and sizes, but they go through the same stages as they grow. Using four common plants, young readers learn about a plant's life cycles. Simple text and colorful illustrations show the major phases of plant growth: seed, plant, flower, and fruit. Back matter offers more information on each plant, as well as on each stage of growth. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

jen mackintosh said...

What a delightful looking book!!! I'd love to add this one to our collection! Thanks for the review!